Friday, December 9, 2011

#FlashFriday #Fictioneers "Who Needs It?"


I have to admit, this week's photo prompt by Madison Woods was a challenge! But, here goes:

Who Needs It?


     Don't know what I said to tick Marylou off. Maybe I pinched her love handles too hard. Maybe it's that time of month. These days, seems like it's "that time" more than it's not.
     Alls I know is, just as I was thinking, "Women!" she started in on me like she could read my mind.
     "Yeah, I'm a woman," she cried. "W-O-M-A-N. And I'm dang tired of doing it all. Tired of bringing home the bacon and frying it up in a pan." Then, she left, slamming the door behind her.
     Heck. I can cook bacon too. And who needs a pan, anyways?


Thanks for jump starting my brain this morning, Madison. Now, I'm hungry. I think I'll go fry myself some bacon. Think I'll use a pan, however.


Feel free to post a link to your blog with your comments!

16 comments:

  1. Dear Jan,

    You hit your target right on the money. I'm still laughing as I type this.

    And that is how a lot of teenage boys would be cooking if left to their own devices.

    Aloha,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jargon you used! It was perfect and so were the names.
    Well done just like the bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. I, too, struggled with the photo this week a bit, but I like where you went with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Douglas MacIlroy - thanks. It makes me smile when I make someone else smile. :)

    @Susie Lindau - I like playing around with jargon. Thanks!

    @Penchantforpenning - It was definitely a different prompt from any other Madison has posted. But, I ended up enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great flow and dialog. Very nice./

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, when that old volcano of hormones starts erupting and spewing molten anger and fiery discontent, it's time to fall back and rely on survival instincts. Great story, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm...can you talk to my husband for a second? hahaha That was fun!
    I'm back to my Friday's, so here goes:
    http://wp.me/p1MNJe-c0

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...I laughed out loud when I got to the end of your story even though I knew where you were going with it. That was hysterical! I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. Yeah, really, who needs a pan? Well done, Jan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was excellent! I'm glad you did it even though the pic was hard. It was really hard for me, too.

    I can't wait until he gets home from school and starts reading these. He's going to get a kick out of all of these stories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly hilarious! I laughed out loud. That old song ringing in my ears and the idea of someone else heating bacon on a portable radiator to show he's a real man! doesn't even need a pan!
    Yours,

    lindaura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hilarious, perfect, lovely voice. Sometimes I think the challenges result in the best pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haahahaa! Love it! I also loved the choice words like "Alls", "Heck" and "Dang". It gives it a certain flavor to the story. I especially love the last line "Heck. I can cook bacon too. And who needs a pan, anyways?" Hahaa! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of your best, Gypsy Jan. I laughed so loud the cat ran for cover!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVED this? Fantastic dialogue and word choice. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  16. heehee, fantastic, Jan! The last line really brought the whole story together. Mine is at www.elmowrites.wordpress.com if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete