Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bring It On, 2012!


I've enjoyed reading end-of-the-year blogs that summarize 2011 and talk about hopes, resolutions and goals for 2012. In fact, I've been inspired to keep a resolution/goal journal to track (and focus on) my progress--or lack thereof.

I know that in all my successes and failures in 2012, I will be inspired by others. So, to kick off 2012, I thought I'd list some of my favorite quotes I've been reading in the last few days on Facebook, in books, even iPhone apps. Thanks to my friends who have shared this inspiration. I know I'll refer back to this list many times throughout 2012.

May you be defined by your passions
and not your fears.
Facebook, via Kim Corneau Dombrowsky

Never compromise your true, authentic self
to please someone else.
Facebook, via Debbie Fox.

I prefer to describe myself as “delightfully difficult.”
Facebook, via Necia Parker-Gibson

You've got to get up every morning with a smile in your face, and show the world all the love in your heart.
Facebook, via Sharon Guthrie

Do not wait until all the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.
Zen Wisdom iPhone app

No mud, no lotus.
Thich Nhat Hanh


Fall down seven times, get up eight.
Japanese Proverb


A frog leaps forward
His mind focused only on
Landing where he's aimed
My New Year haiku from my haiku blog

Here are some links to end-of-year blogs that I enjoyed reading:

Madison Woods - 2011 The Year in Writerly Review
Linda C. Apple - Get a Goal
Beth Carter - Making New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year, everyone. If you have pieces of inspiration to carry us into 2012, please share in a comment. I look forward to spending 2012 with you!

4 comments:

  1. He who lives in hope
    Dances without music.
    --George Herbert (?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a new quote to add to your list but want to say I'd never heard the 'no mud no lotus' one. I think that's my new favorite!

    My previous favorite had to do with the reason fairy tales exist and dragons but I can't remember it verbatim.

    See you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved "I like to describe myself as delightfully difficult." I think it fits MOI! :-)

    Happy New Year--"may your moccasins make happy tracks in MANY snows!"

    ReplyDelete