Saturday, March 24, 2012

I've Moved


Well, THE MOVE was so scary that I thought about it for months before taking the plunge. I was so scared of  THE MOVE that I convinced myself it wasn't possible. Soon, however, I began to see blog posts (such as Rachelle Gardner's post, "Five Most Common Author-Website Mistakes") that recommended WordPress over Blogger for better SEO (Search Engine Optimization.)

I decided I could no longer ignore the truth.

My next step was to research how to do it. Once I found a couple of websites/blogs that gave instructions step-by-step, it still took me a month to work up the courage. I was petrified of messing up my blog.

Today I bit the bullet. Here's the website I used, which provided easy-to-understand instructions:  Do It With WordPress:  Moving From Blogger to WordPress--Your Guide.

It was easier than I expected, and though I still have some tweaking to do, I'm pretty happy with the results.

Here's my new blog link:


I hope all of my dear follows will hop on over and follow me there. Better yet, I'd love for you to subscribe to my new blog, by clicking the "Follow Blog via Email" button. It was the hardest part about making the decision to move -- losing all my followers. :(

What do you think? Are you on Blogger or WordPress? Any thoughts about changing?

No comments:

Post a Comment