Yesterday CNN had a story on a new kind of ATM - a cupcake ATM! In her CNN article, "Cupcake ATM Vends Sweet Treats Around the Clock," Sonya Hamaski states the idea was inspired by the late night pregnancy craving of Sprinkles Cupcakes founder, Candace Nelson.
Now, 24-hours a day, seven days a week, you can satisfy your sweet tooth with a variety of yummy cupcake flavors. Though at a cost of $4.00 each, and currently only available in Beverly Hills, it does give us something to hope for.
Anyway, it got me thinking. If you could have a vending machine for anything, what would it be?
Here are some of the first things that came to my mind:
1) Fried rice
2) Ebooks - plug your Kindle, Nook or smartphone in.
3) Audiobooks - plug your iPhone, iPod or MP3 player in.
And when I thought outside of the box, went wild, fantasized beyond reality, here are a couple of things I wanted vended:
1) Get your fortune told. Of course, you could have do-overs if you didn't like the first one.
2) Be granted three wishes. Caveat: As with all my thoughts on three wishes, the third wish would be for three more wishes.
3) Choose a date. (No, I don't need a date now that I'm married, but it seemed the natural course online dating might take in the future. Why not move on to selecting your date from a vending machine?)
4) Choose a job. That'd be great for the millions still unemployed. And just think, we wouldn't have to listen to all the political rhetoric about creating jobs.
Hey, come to think of it, maybe we should have an ATM for choosing government officials! But then, even in our wildest fantasies, we probably couldn't afford them.
What would YOU like to see dispensed in a vending machine?